How to contribute to this Wiki
If you can type and have some knowledge about new media, then you can contribute. Writing for a wiki is a simple process. Here are three basic tips to get you started. Below are two links with comprehensive information on contributing and searching wikis for information.
If you want to practice is a "safe zone" visit the Sandbox, a page designed to get new wiki users comfortable writing and formatting in wiki language.
1. Use this search box on the left to look for a term, person or work you want information on. (If the wiki does not have the item you're looking for, the results screen will provide a chance to create it.)
2. Less is sometimes more. If you're looking for an especially long title, or the name of a person or concept you're not exactly sure of, try searching for one key word (instead of the whole name or phrase). The results returned will show all entries with that word.
3. It's a good habit to use Captial letters for all words other than conjunctions or prepositions.
1. As a young wiki, there is plenty of missing information. If you search for something that does not yet exist, please take the time to begin that entry. Even a one sentence contribution is helpful. In time, a wiki grows through contributions to become a useful and extensive resource. If you wish to edit an existing page, click the edit tab at the top of the page or any edit link that may be listed above each category of an entry.
2. It is good practice, as mentioned above, to create entries using capital letters on all words (other than conjunctions or prepositions) in the title. It is also good practice to include each entry into a category. If an appropriate category does not yet exist, users can create one.
3. Wiki entries typically contain links to other, related entries within the same wiki and often links to external websites. To link to another wiki entry place two "[" symbols in front of the first word of the entry and two "]" symbols after the last. If this entry does not yet exist, it is still a good idea to link it, if that entry would be a valuable addition to the wiki. If another user builds adds that entry at a later time, the link will become active automatically. To link to an external website add a "[" symbol just before the web address (include the http://). The add one space and write the text you will use to describe the link. Place a "]" symbol at the end to make the link functional. (Practice this in the Sandbox)
Help from Wikia and Wikipedia
- Wikia's Help Page for getting started, contributing, editing, formatting and linking.